Following is a quick reference to all the emergency contacts involved in the NUPOC International Service program. All contact numbers will be confirmed prior to departure.
Northwestern University (Emergencies Abroad)
- GeoBlue for medical, political or natural disaster evacuation: +1-610-254-8771
- Northwestern University Police 24/7 line: 847-491-3456
- Office of Global Safety and Security: 847-467-3175
Students who travel abroad under this program are required to enroll in GeoBlue for Students that provides international health insurance, emergency medical, political, and natural disaster evacuation. Northwestern University has contracted with GeoBlue to provide worldwide assistance and evacuation services for all students and employees who travel outside the United States to study or conduct University business. Registration is mandatory for all participants. Enroll in GeoBlue.
**You are required to email the GeoBlue enrollment confirmation to your NUPOC-ROMP Trip Liaison.
ROMP Emergency Contact in USA
- Lizzy Neufeld: 312-498-2292
ROMP Emergency Contacts in Guatemala
- Jonathan Naber: +502-3192-7672
- Shree Thaker: +502-4973-5248
U.S. Embassy in Guatemala City
Avenida Reforma 7-01, Zona 10
Guatemala Ciudad, Guatemala
- TELEPHONE: +502-2326-4000
- EMERGENCY AFTER HOURS TELEPHONE: +502-2331-2354
- Email: AmCitsGuatemala@state.gov
- FAX: +502-2331-3804
Monday through Friday from 8:00a.m. - 5:00a.m. (CST)
- NUPOC, Chicago, IL: 312-503-5700
- Mindy Thorpe, Director of International Education, NUPOC: You will receive this number prior to departure.
Enroll in the U.S. State Department Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive frequent updates about security, health, and international alerts.
You can improve someone's life. See the difference you can make.